TLC Privacy Promise
Effective Date: 8/29/2019
This website (“Website”), our applications for your mobile device (“App”), networks, and the websites, information, tools, data, software, updates and similar materials delivered or provided thereby (collectively, the “Website”) are owned and/or licensed and supplied by The Laundry Chute, LLC (“TLC”, “Us”, “Our” or “We”).
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ON THE WEBSITE:
- User-provided Information. When you use or register for the Website, App, or TLC Services, you may provide and We may collect what is generally called “personally identifiable” information, including name, email address, mailing address, mobile phone number, and credit card or other billing information, or other “profile” information which also includes other information, such as date of birth, geographic area, or preferences, when any such information is linked to information that identifies a specific individual. You may provide Us with personal information as part of the Registration process or in other various ways on the Website, App, or use of TLC Services.
- “Cookies” Information. When you use the Website or App, We may send one or more cookies - a small text file created by Us that is stored in on your computer either temporarily for that session only (“Session Cookies”) or permanently (“Persistent Cookie”). “Cookies” provide a way for Us to recognize you and keep track of your preferences on the Website. We may use both Session Cookies and Persistent Cookies. A Session Cookie disappears after you close your browser. A Persistent Cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Website. Please note that if you delete, or choose not to accept, Cookies from the Website or App, you may not be able to utilize the features of the Website or App to their fullest potential.
- “Automatically Collected” Information. When you use the Website, App, or TLC Services, We may automatically record certain information from your device by using various types of technology, including your IP address or other device address or ID, web browser and/or device type, the web pages or sites that you visit just before or just after you use the Website, the pages or other content you view or otherwise interact with on the Website, and the dates and times that you visit, access, or use the Website or App. We also may use these technologies to collect information regarding your interaction with email messages, such as whether you opened, clicked on, or forwarded a message. This information is gathered from all users.
- Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information, including personal information, from third parties and sources other than the Website or App, such as Our partners, advertisers, customers, and integrated websites. If We combine or associate information from other sources with personal information that we collect through the Website or App, we will treat the combined information as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use information We collect on the Website, App or through use of TLC Services in a variety of ways in providing the Website, App, and in operating Our business, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Operating, maintaining, enhancing and providing all features of the Website and App, providing links to Websites and information that you request, responding to comments and questions and otherwise providing support to Users, and processing and delivering entries and rewards in connection with promotions that may be offered from time to time on the Website or App.
- Understanding and analyzing the usage trends and preferences of Our users, to improve the Website and App, and to develop new products, Apps, Websites, features, and functionality.
- Contacting you for administrative purposes such as customer service, addressing intellectual property infringement, right of privacy violations or defamation issues related to your Content posted on the Website.
- Sending communications, including updates on promotions and events, relating to products, services, Websites or Apps offered by us and by third parties we work with. Generally, you have the ability to opt-out of receiving any promotional communications as described below under “Your Choices.”
- Using “Cookies” and automatically collecting information to: (i) personalize Our Websites or Apps, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Website; (ii) provide customized advertisements, content, and information; (iii) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Website, App and third-party marketing activities; (iv) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed or TLC Services rendered; and (v) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities on the Website or App.
WHEN WE DISCLOSE INFORMATIONExcept as described below, We will not disclose your information that We collect on the Website, App or through use of the TLC Services, to third parties without your consent. You agree that We may disclose:
- Any information that you voluntarily choose to include in a publicly accessible area of the Website or App, such as a public profile page, will be available to anyone who has access to that content, including other users.
- Information we provide to third party Website or App providers to provide Website or App development, hosting, maintenance, and other Websites or Apps for Us. These third parties may have access to or process your information as part of providing those Websites or Apps for Us. Generally, We limit the information provided to these Website or App providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions.
- Certain automatically-collected, aggregated, or otherwise non-personally-identifiable information to third parties for various purposes, including (i) compliance with various reporting obligations; (ii) for business or marketing purposes; or (iii) to assist such parties in understanding Our users’ interests, habits, and usage patterns for certain programs, content, Websites, Apps, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality available through the Website, App or through use of the TLC Services.
- Your information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. copyright law), in response to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena or warrant, or to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or other governmental agencies.
- We also reserve the right to disclose your information that We believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to (i) take precautions against liability, (ii) protect ourselves or others from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses or activity, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, (iv) protect the security or integrity of the Website, App or TLC Services, and any facilities or equipment used to make them available, or (v) protect Our property or other legal rights (including, but not limited to, enforcement of Our agreements), or the rights, property, or safety of others.
YOUR CHOICES (Personal Information & Commercial email)
You may, of course, decline to share certain personal information with Us, in which case We may not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality of the Website, App or TLC Services. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your account preferences page on the Website or App. If you wish to access or amend any other personal information we hold about you, or to request that we delete any information about you that we have obtained from an a Third Party Website, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while any changes you make will be reflected in active user databases within a reasonable period of time, we may retain all information you submit for backups, archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, analytics, satisfaction of legal obligations, or where We otherwise reasonably believe that We have a legitimate and lawful reason to do so.
TLC has implemented administrative, physical and technical safeguards to protect user provided information from unauthorized access, acquisition or disclosure, destruction, alteration, accidental loss, misuse or damage (collectively, "Security Breaches") that are no less rigorous than accepted industry practices, and shall ensure that all such safeguards, including the manner in which user provided information is collected, accessed, used, stored, processed, disposed of and disclosed, comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws.
We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Website, and you do so at your own risk. We also cannot guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of Our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry-Data Security Standard)
TLC, and its agents or subcontractors who have access to or will collect, access, use, store, process, dispose of or disclose credit, debit or other payment cardholder information, shall at all times remain in compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard ("PCI DSS") requirements, including remaining aware at all times of changes to the PCI DSS and promptly implementing all procedures and practices as may be necessary to remain in compliance with the PCI DSS, in each case, at TLC's sole cost and expense.
Although We may allow you to adjust your privacy settings to limit access to certain personal information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures on the Website or App. Additionally, We cannot control the actions of others with whom you may choose to share your information. Further, even after information posted on the Website or App is removed, caching and archiving Websites may have saved that information, and other users or third parties may have copied or stored the information available on the Website or App. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you post on or transmit to the Website or App will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
The Website is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Website from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personal information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing. Also, We may transfer your data from the U.S. to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Website. By providing any information, including personal information, on or to the Website or App, you consent to such transfer, storage, and processing.
LINKS AND THIRD-PARTY CONTENT/WEBSITES
The Website may contain articles, text, imagery, video, audio, data, information and other similar materials originating from third parties. We do not endorse any third-party content that may appear on the Website or that may be derived from content that may appear on the Website, even if such content was summarized, collected, reformatted or otherwise edited by Us.
The Website may contain features or links to Websites and Websites provided by third parties. Such links are provided for informational purposes only, and we do not endorse any Website or Websites through the provision of such a link. Any information you provide on third party sites or websites is provided directly to the operators of such websites and is subject to those operators’ policies, if any, governing privacy and security, even if accessed through the Website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy and security practices and policies of third-party sites or websites to which links or access are provided through the Website.
PRIVACY CONTACT INFORMATION
Please contact us with any questions or comments about this Policy, your personal information, Our use and disclosure practices, or your consent choices by mail or telephone at:
The Laundry Chute, LLC
1940 Perrysville Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15214